- About Our Library
- How Do I?
- Reader's Corner
- Year in Review-2016
About Our Library
2011, December 7 - 1:22pm — clefebvre
The Strathmore Municipal Library will provide opportunities for life-long learning to the residents and visitors of Strathmore and District.
- To support the freedom to read and lifelong learning accessible to all without economic barrier.
- To eliminate physical and virtual barriers through creative space planning and by providing assistive technology.
- To provide cultural and educational enrichment to the community through its programs.
- To provide educational/recreational opportunities for the children of the community.
- To make the fullest possible use of proven innovations, technological developments and changes in public library service.
- To market the library’s information resources and services effectively to the community.
- To expand library services as population growth requires.
The Strathmore Municipal Library currently houses a collection of nearly 30,000 books, magazines, audiobooks, and movies. There are ten computers and free wireless Internet access. Our memberships in the Marigold Library System and The Regional Automation Consortium (TRAC) allow our patrons to easily access the collections of over 150 libraries throughout Alberta, downloadable eBooks and audiobooks, and dozens of online databases. The library's participation in the RISE Project allows videoconferencing between over 70 libraries in southern Alberta and the ability to connect to people all over the globe.
|Strathmore Municipal Library Plan of Service 2011-2016.pdf||207.31 KB|