- About Our Library
- How Do I?
- Reader's Corner
- Year in Review-2016
2015, August 28 - 1:28pm — clefebvre
How is this program funded?
What is Visiting Library?
The Strathmore Municipal Library is reaching out to all citizens who are confined to their homes or are in an assisted care or long term facility. This service will provide library materials that will enhance their quality of life and promote the joy of life long learning.
Visiting Library is a volunteer-supported program that provides ongoing home delivery of library materials. Materials are selected and checked out by Strathmore Municipal Library staff, with once-a-month delivery by a screened volunteer.
Who can use the Visiting Library service?
- Individuals unable to visit the library due to long-term illness, infirmity, or disability.
- Individuals who do not have someone to pick up/return library materials on their behalf.
- Individuals of all ages confined to home, the hospital, or other institution due to short-term illness or accidents.
- Individuals who hold a valid Strathmore Municipal Library membership and are in good standing with the library.
- Individuals who live within the Town of Strathmore (This service may be expanded to Wheatland County once increased volunteer and financial support is secured.)
What can be borrowed?
Individuals may borrow a range of library materials including: large print and regular print books, audiobooks, magazines, and DVDs (as available). Registered print disabled customers also have access to Daisy books and talking books. Visiting Library volunteers select materials based on your profile, and/or you may also request specific titles. Loan periods for materials will be 4 weeks.
Is there a fee for this program?
This service is provided FREE to Town of Strathmore residents. Since the library schedules the pick up of the materials clients cannot accrue overdue charges. Clients will be responsible for any loss or damages to library materials they borrow.
Will the same volunteer be visiting my residence each time?
We love taking time to visit our homebound patrons. Unfortunately, due to organizational resources and staff needs we cannot guarantee the same represntative at each visit. Before each visit, the library will contact clients to inform them of which representative will be visiting that day. That way, clients will be aware of which individual will be visiting their residence.
How do I apply?
To register for this service, please contact Visiting Library Services at 403-934-5440 or email email@example.com. You may also download and fill our the registration form below and mail it to the Strathmore Muncipal Library or fill out the Visiting Library Request form online here. When the form has been completed the Visiting Libray co-ordinator will arrange for an interview with the applicant. Clients may go on and off the service as necessary.
How is this program funded?
This program is made possible by the United Way of Calgary and Area. Thank you!
Would you like to be a Visiting Library Volunteer?
With just a few hours of time, volunteers provide a month of enjoyment for a homebound person. Meeting new people and having a flexible schedule are the added benefits!
- Pop into the library and pick up a Visiting Library Volunteer application form.
- Print out the Visiting Library Volunteer application form below.
- Email, drop off, or mail your Visiting Library Volunteer application form to us!
All volunteers will be asked to have a criminal record check completed at no cost to them.
|Visiting Library Services Application.pdf||289.18 KB|
|Visiting Library Services Volunteer Application.pdf||191.45 KB|