Reopening Tuesday, June 23
The library will have new hours of operation and new routines to safely welcome you back, so you will notice some changes when you visit the library.
We are excited to see everyone again!
Updated hours as of October 5, 2020
Monday - Thursday: 10:00 am to 7:00 pm
Friday & Saturday: 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
We are a mask friendly zone. Please feel free to wear yours or ask us for one.
- The library will limit the number of public permitted in the building. Line-up space outside will be marked for physical distancing.
- Please maintain 6 feet of distance between each other.
- Patrons will be required to use proper entrance and exit doors.
- Patrons will be limited to one person/cohort at a time in the public washrooms.
- Program room rentals have resumed but capacity is limited to 20 people.
- Quiet study is available on a limited basis when the meeting room is not in use.
- Exam invigilation will resume on a limited basis.
- Printing/copying/scanning/faxing services will resume.
- Staff will assist patrons with this service when needed.
NEW Email to print service available. Need a document printed? Email your document to email@example.com and any instructions (colour, double- or single-sided) We will print your document and have it ready for you when you arrive. Available for curbside service. *Standard print charges apply.
Submit a Print Job
Computers & Wifi
- Two public computers are re-located to the fireplace area.
- Two tables have been set up for wifi device use.
- Computer sessions will be limited to 30 minutes.
- Use of public computers for gaming and entertainment will be based on computer availability.
- Patrons will need to provide their own headphones or purchase a set of earbuds from us for $2.
Borrowing and Returns
- The library will continue with curbside pick up service. Curbside pickup will be moved to the doors facing the library parking lot. Parking spaces along the side of the building next to the door will be reserved for curbside pickup.
- All overdue fines have been waived during this time but will be reinstated November 1, 2020.
- Outdoor book drop will will open 24/7 effective June 23.
- Returned items will be quarantined for 4 days prior to check in.
Health & Safety
- Library staff will be following cleaning and disinfecting protocols put out by the AHS.
- High touch areas are cleaned and disinfected frequently. A deep clean of the public space of the library is done between each open day.
- Staff will disinfect tables/chairs/computer keyboards and unit/payment machine after each public use.
- Staff will assist patrons on computers at a distance wherever possible. If distancing is not possible, staff may still assist patron at their discretion provided that the staff member and patron both wear masks.
- Do not enter the library if you currently have or recently had a fever, cough, shortness of breath, or are feeling unwell.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at the entrance of the library and throughout the library.
- Masks are provided for patrons if needed/desired.
- Donations of used books/materials will not be accepted at this time.
- There are a selection of book sale items and mystery book and DVD bags for sale.
- Looking for some used books? Consider checking out the little free libraries around the Town of Strathmore and Wheatland County.
Little Free Libraries