Effective Date: August 17, 2020
Content Posted by the Public
- may be unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful, or discriminatory;
- impersonates any person or entity, or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or organization;
- may infringe another person's intellectual property rights, including copyright;
- is personal information published without the consent of the person to whom the information relates;
- is unrelated to the content of the relevant channel;
- links to material that is not directly related to the discussion on the relevant channel;
- is commercial promotion or spam;
- violates any law or material not in keeping with the safe and welcoming environment of the library.
While the library will attempt to remove or edit any such objectionable content, it may not be possible to review all content immediately. Therefore, the public acknowledge that all content submitted to a channel, other than content submitted by, or on behalf of the library, expresses views and opinions of the person submitting it and the library bears no liability for the content.
Content Posted by the Library
All content contributed by, or on behalf of, the library to its channels, remains the property of the library. In order to reproduce this content, you require permission from the library, except that you are permitted to:
- download and print copies of the content for your personal and non-commercial purposes; and
- place links to channels on your own website or on social media.
Links to Third Party Sites
A channel may contain links to other sites not maintained by or related to the library. Such links are not sponsored by, endorsed or otherwise affiliated with the library or its products and services. The library may not have reviewed all of the sites links to a channel and is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or links to any other sites. Viewing all other sites is at your own risk.
Use of and browsing the channels is done at user's own risk. The library shall not be liable for any damages arising out of your access to, or use of, or browsing the channels or uploading content to a channel including, without limitation, damage to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property as a result of such use or access.