Strathmore Municipal Library is seeking an ambitious and outgoing individual to help spearhead the Strathmore and Area Adult Inclusive Learning (SAIL) program, which encourages foundational learning and literacy progression for individuals in the community.
This position is responsible for providing expertise in literacy services for adults. Main areas of responsibility are planning, delivering, and evaluating literacy programs, and developing and maintaining relationships with related organizations.
• University degree (preferably Education) or a professional certification in teaching Adult Education or ESL. In some circumstances, an equivalent combination of post‐secondary education or a Library and Information Technology diploma, with two or more years of relevant experience, may be considered by the hiring manager.
• Demonstrated proficiency with general office computer use and basic troubleshooting.
• Experience in training adults with a wide range of backgrounds and skills and working with volunteers.
• Teaching experience, including curriculum development.
• Experience working or volunteering with adults facing barriers to accessing traditional literacy services or education.
• Demonstrated commitment to learn and develop professionally.
Please submit applications to:
Anayo Ugboma, Director of Library Services
85 Lakeside Blvd
Strathmore, AB T1P 1A1
This posting will remain open until February 7, 2023. We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Strathmore & Area Adult Inclusive Literacy provides confidential one on one and small group tutoring for adults in Wheatland County who would like to improve their literacy skills and English language skills.
Your primary responsibility will be to facilitate an ELL program according to our grant goals and guidelines.
This is a short-term contract with potential for renewal.
Areas of Authority
The Literacy/ELL Practitioner supports CALP funded programming in facilitating learning opportunities based on community needs and priorities. Under the direction of the Executive Director and Literacy Services Coordinator, the Literacy/ELL Practitioner has the authority to direct the approved programs and services.
Areas of Responsibility
Required Experience/ Skills
•2 years experience (in-person delivery) working with adult barriered learners and/or English as a Second Language teaching. and TESL, (A)TESOL, TEFL, or TEAL certification preferred
(a combination of relevant education and experience will be considered.)
WAGE RATE: $25.00 per hour
Apply with cover letter and resume to:
Director of Library Services