Strathmore Municipal Library is seeking an ambitious and outgoing individual to spearhead the development of a new literacy services area which encourages foundational learning and literacy progression for individuals in the community. Under the general direction of the Director of Library Services and in accordance with established library policies and procedures, this position is responsible for providing expertise in literacy services for adults. Main areas of responsibility are planning, delivering, and evaluating literacy programs, and developing and maintaining relationships with related organizations. This is an ongoing grant funded position.
• University degree (preferably Education) or a professional certification in teaching Adult Education or ESL. In some circumstances, an equivalent combination of post‐secondary education or a Library and Information Technology diploma, with two or more years of relevant experience, may be considered by the hiring manager.
• Demonstrated proficiency with general office computer use and basic troubleshooting.
• Experience in training adults with a wide range of backgrounds and skills and working with volunteers.
• Teaching experience, including curriculum development.
• Experience working or volunteering with adults facing barriers to accessing traditional literacy services or education.
• Demonstrated commitment to learn and develop professionally.
Salary: $53,325.00 per annum plus benefits.
Please submit applications to: Miranda Johnson, Director of Library Services
85 Lakeside Blvd
Strathmore, AB T1P 1A1
This posting will remain open until October 1, 2019. We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.