Organization: Strathmore Adult Inclusive Learning (SAIL)
Location: Strathmore, Alberta
Compensation: $25 per hour
Closing Date: May 19, 2023
Strathmore & Area Adult Inclusive Learning (SAIL) provides confidential one-on-one and small group tutoring for adults in Wheatland County who would like to improve their literacy, numeracy, and basic digital skills.
Your primary responsibility will be to facilitate a General Educational Development (GED) prep course according to our grant goals and guidelines. This includes instruction in foundational skills for learning, language arts (reading and writing), social studies, and science.
This is part-time contract with potential for renewal.
The GED Prep Instructor supports Community Adult Learning Program (CALP) funded programming in facilitating learning opportunities based on community needs and priorities.
Under the direction of the Executive Director and Literacy Services Coordinator, the GED Prep Instructor has the authority to direct the approved programs and services.
• Learner Assessment & Evaluation
• Learner Support Service
• Program Delivery & Reporting
• Knowledge and application of basic language arts (reading and writing), social studies, and science
• At least 2 years experience in education and teaching
• Prior experience with informal learning environments and adult foundational learners (below grade 9 level)
• Prior experience working with vulnerable populations • Familiarity with the GED exam process in Canada
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Exceptional interpersonal skills that demonstrate the values of learning, respect, integrity, and collaboration
• Have a passion for and understanding of lifelong learning A combination of relevant education and experience will be considered.
• Compensation: $25 per hour
• This is part-time grant-funded contract with potential for renewal
• The course instructor shall be an independent contractor and not an agent or employee of Strathmore Municipal Library
• All SAIL staff are encouraged to continue their professional development through attendance at conferences, seminars, courses or other training opportunities that improve job-related expertise; approved professional development is paid for or subsidized by the CALP grant
Apply to: email@example.com