Didn’t complete high school? Want further education?
The GED (General Educational Development) course provides the skills to challenge the GED Exam.
This course will focus on math, social studies, science, language, reading and writing. Students receive a High School Equivalency Diploma from Alberta Education upon passing the GED Exam. The GED is recognized by employers and can serve as a prerequisite to further training.
To take this class you:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- You must be out of school for at least one full year
- 100 hours of instruction over an 11-week period
- GED Preparation classes are instructed by a qualified, professional teacher
- The course will focus on math, social studies, science, language, reading and writing
- Fee includes all manuals and calculator
- Exams may be available after classes are completed.
- Students who meet income thresholds required for the Part-Time Skills Investment Bursary may qualify for funding
This class is provided on-line only through a Community Adult Learning Partner. SAIL is happy to discuss your learning needs.